A lot of people visit emergency room every year because of slip-and-fall injuries. This type of injuries can lead to financial issues in the family. Hence, you have to really be careful and take some preventive measures to avoid such injuries.
What causes of slip-and-fall injuries?
- Uneven or Wet Surfaces: A recent survey conducted on slip-and-fall injuries have revealed the fact that 60% of the slip-and-fall injuries are caused because of hazardous walking surfaces. Cluttered floors, defective sidewalks, wet floor, loose floorboards, waxed floors and poor construction of staircases can cause slip-and-fall injuries. Hence, you have to be really careful with the dangerous walking surfaces like them.
- Footwear: Wearing improper footwear can also lead to slip-and-fall injuries sometimes. Hence, you have to choose the right type of footwear to avoid slip-and-fall accidents.
- Weather Conditions: Slip-and-fall injuries also occur due to snow, ice and rain. Besides, a property owner will be responsible for this injury if he/she fails to shovel stair cases or walkways.
- Fraud: There are also few people who try to play with the law. In other words, people hurt themselves purposefully to claim for compensation from the party which is not responsible for it. For example, people might pour some oil on the floor in a super market and get injured to claim compensation from that super market owner. However, you will find this type of cases very rarely.
What are the common slip-and-fall injuries?
- Spine injuries
- Broken legs and arms
- Head Injuries
- Broken Pelvis
- Broken Hips
- Neck Injuries
How to prevent slip-and-fall injuries?
Check the following tips to find out how to prevent slip-and-fall injuries.
- Regular cleaning of slippery or wet surfaces can help you prevent the slip-and-fall injuries. Let your tenants or neighbours know about the slippery or wet floor to protect them from this kind of injuries.
- Choose proper shoes to avoid this type of injuries. For example, flip-flops are not a good option to wear in warehouses.
- Proper lighting is also necessary to avoid slip-and-fall injuries. Hence, you need to make sure that there is proper lighting during night and morning at home or building to avoid this type of injuries.
- Construct your staircase properly to prevent this type of injuries. Hence, you need to plan your staircase properly.
- Make sure that you check the condition of your floor regularly to find out if there are any cracks or holes developing on it. If you observe any cracks or holes you need to fix them immediately to avoid slip-and-fall injuries.
Why should you approach an attorney?
If you are sure that your property owner is responsible for your injury, then it is very important for you to meet a slip-and-fall attorney. Understand the fact that your entire family depends upon you. Hence, it is very much necessary for you to claim for compensation by filing a lawsuit against the person who is responsible for your injury. Choose an practised attorney, who has handled slip-and-fall injury cases successfully.
Visit a good source of article online now to know more about the slip-and-fall injuries.